Recipe by MizEmerilLagasse
This is an easy week night meal that is full of flavor and a family pleaser.
Top Review by RaeMay
I substituted the chicken for pork sausage and my boyfriend and his friend have nicknamed this "Sausage Strogellini." Needless to say, I've already been commanded to make this again. Great job and thank you!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3⁄4 tablespoon Morton nature seasons seasoning blend (or salt, pepper, and garlic powder)
- 1 lb cheese tortellini
- 4 tablespoons butter, separated
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 1 (2 ounce) envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook tortellini according to package, strain, and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, melt one tablespoon butter over medium-high to high heat.
- Meanwhile toss the chicken with the Morton's Natural Seasoning.
- After the butter has melted, add the chicken to the pan and brown; remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Turn the heat to medium and add the remaining butter and the flour to the same pan.
- Stir constantly and cook roux (butter and flour) for about 3-5 minutes or until it smells nutty.
- Whisk in the milk and soup mix and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Serve sauce on top of tortellini or toss tortellini in sauce and serve.
- The sauce is also great on other types of pasta and rice.