Recipe by Bake & Destroy!
This whole salad comes together in the time it takes to boil water. It's really flavorful and inexpensive, perfect for a summer day when you don't want to turn on the oven.
Top Review by Kim127
Good basic recipe. I would really cut down on the amount of olive oil, maybe 1/4 cup would do it. I didn't use the optional fresh veggies but did stir some black olives into DH's portion before serving. Made for the Fall 2008 PAC.
- 1 lb tortellini (frozen, dried or fresh)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar (red or white)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- assorted fresh vegetable (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta until it’s al dente, don’t over cook it or the stuffing will fall out and the pasta will be mushy. While the pasta cooks, stir together all of the remaining ingredients. If you’re adding veggies that need a quick blanch before you toss them in, do that while the pasta cooks too. I added olives, but I wanted them to be nice and firm so I added them right before serving.
- When the pasta is done, drain it and rinse it in cold water. Let the pasta cool before you toss it with the dressing. Chill in the fridge for 2-24 hours, and allow the dish to come to room temperature before serving.