Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is great. Very quick--can be made in less than 30 minutes (including both prep. and cook time)!
- 1 (9 ounce) packagerefrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream (whipping)
- black pepper, to taste
- Cook tortellini in a large dutch oven according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In same pan as tortellini was cooked, fry bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels and crumble. Set aside.
- Reserve 1 1/2 tablespoons of the bacon drippings in the dutch oven. Sautee garlic in hot bacon drippings for 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat and stir in tortellini, bacon, cheese and whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with pepper to taste and serve!
Yummy! I have been looking for some more definitive measurements for one of my favorite meals. This was perfect! In my own versions, the sauce was way too thick and heavy - this was light with just the right amount of cream and cheese. I added frozen sweet peas to the pasta for last 3 minutes and sauteed mushrooms at the end. Also, I doubled the recipe and had perfect portions for 4, served with some fresh salad and crusty bread. Thanks so much!