Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Easy "do ahead" dessert. This is quite chewy and tasty.
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 14 soda crackers, coarsely crumbled (2X2 inch crackers)
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream (or Cool Whip)
- Beat egg whites until nearly stiff then add sugar and beat until stiff.
- Combine crackers, walnuts and baking powder.
- Fold into egg white mixture with the vanilla.
- Spread onto a 9" pie pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 45 minutes.
- When cool spread whip cream over top.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Grate some chocolate on top for garnish if desired.