Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I won first place in a chili cook off at work because it's chili, but not spicy.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 can tomato soup (Family Size)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans dark red kidney beans
- 1 small onion
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- salt and pepper
- Brown onion and ground beef in large stock pot.
- Add the seasonings and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer.
- I like to simmer this for at least an hour, then taste test.
- The trick is to let it simmer to mix the flavors.