Recipe by Branwyn
This is great on cold winter days. When using pureed tomatoes it can be taken in a thermos or "go" cup. To drastically cut down on the fat, I don't add the butter and use fat-free half and half.
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cansseasoned diced tomatoes (I use roasted garlic)
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream or 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree cans of diced tomatoes in blender or food processor.
- In a large saucepan combine tomatoes, juice, and broth.
- Bring to a simmer and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add cream and butter.
- Stirring thoroughly to melt butter.