Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I just came up with this because I needed a tomato soup that wasn't made with cream or milk.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 finely chopped carrot
- 28 ounces tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup of any broth
- 1 -2 teaspoon frank's hot sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- Heat oil and add chopped onion and carrot. Cook over low heat til softened.
- Add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add Thyme, bay leaves, tomatoes, broth, hot sauce and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for about an hour.
- Use blender or whatever you have and puree.