Prep 3 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my version of Bountiful Bread's Tomato Pesto soup. It's easy and quick to make. It's great accompanied with a sandwich or just some good sliced bread and butter.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can campbell's tomato soup
- 11 ounces 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto (heaping)
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- In a sauce pan, combine can of tomato soup and milk over medium heat. (If you fill the empty soup can with the milk, it's the right amount).
- **DO NOT use skim or fat-free milk. This will cause the soup to curdle. If a thick soup is desired, use heavy cream instead of milk.**.
- Add pesto. Stir and heat through.
- Just before removing soup from stove, add grated parmesan cheese and combine.
- The soup does taste better if given time to set overnight in the refrigerator.