Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
It is indeed the easiest and nothing to beat homemade stuff :-)
Make and share this Easy Tomato Chutney recipe from Food.com.
- Take a non stick heavy bottom pan and heat the oil.
- Put bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon first and then add onion, garlic, salt and black pepper powder.
- Saute for 2 minutes and add chopped tomatoes, salt and sugar.
- Keep covered and stirring for 10 minutes or until tomatoes are soft.
- Allow to cool to the room temperature.
- Add nutmeg now.
- Put the mixture in the blender and blend till smooth (Remove bay leaves before blending).
- Fill in a sterilised jar and keep refrigerated.
You've hit upon the perfect combination of ingredients to make this the best tomato chutney I've tasted! I had it with toasted bread, and it also goes really well with idlis and dosas. One thing to remember: Remove the bay leaf before blending; stray bay leaves can really mess up a recipe!
Great taste, and perfect combination of ingredients. I just added extra brown sugar and vinigar after blending, cooked it again for 10 minutes for a thicker consistancy. Great Recipe!