Recipe by Tish
I got this recipe out of cooking light. The aromatic combination of pinto beans and tomatoes is perfect for a cold weather supper and is simple to prepare. Great with a turkey sandwich
Top Review by Melany *
I made this recipe, with a bunch of extras, and really enjoyed it! i replace the water with vegi stock, the pintos with kidney beans (all i had), the jalepenos with some red pepper flakes (again all i had), and it came out wonderful! the simmering time really makes the difference. sorry i changed so much, but i was too lazy to go out and get those extra ingredients. this was a wonderful lunch/dinner!! i feel i can still rate this, because the base idea was a very tasty one, thank you!
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, seeded,finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 teaspoons fresh parsley, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium high heat until hot.
- Add onion, jalapeno pepper, and garlic, saute until tender Add tomatoes and next 3 ingredients, bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- To serve, ladle into individual serving bowls.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp parsley over each serving.