Recipe by CarolAnn
This is so easy, simple and fresh! I make this often with just a nice green salad. You can reduce the fat by using 2% mozzarella and using less than 8 oz.
- pie crust (I use Pillsbury ready to bake pie crusts)
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 4 -5 ripe tomatoes (plum tomatoes are best)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Slice the tomatoes into 1/2" slices.
- Line a 10" loose bottom tart pan with the pastry (pie) dough.
- Spread bottom of pastry with the mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with the basil.
- Cover with tomato slices, arranging to cover as evenly as possible.
- Sprinkle tomatoes with salt and pepper, then drizzle with the olive oil.
- Bake 30-40 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh chopped basil.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.