Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is so easy, simple and fresh! I make this often with just a nice green salad. You can reduce the fat by using 2% mozzarella and using less than 8 oz.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Slice the tomatoes into 1/2" slices.
- Line a 10" loose bottom tart pan with the pastry (pie) dough.
- Spread bottom of pastry with the mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with the basil.
- Cover with tomato slices, arranging to cover as evenly as possible.
- Sprinkle tomatoes with salt and pepper, then drizzle with the olive oil.
- Bake 30-40 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh chopped basil.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
this is undoubtly the BEST tomato pie! Very easy and great with fresh tomatoes from the garden and fresh basil. My family can not get enought of this in the summer!