Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Enjoy the soup right down to the last bite of the bread bowl!
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 (10 7/8 ounce) canpillsbury grands ready-to-bake refrigerated buttermilk flaky biscuits
- 2 (19 ounce) cansprogresso tomato soup with basil (or your favorite tomato soup)
- Heat oven to 400°F
- Lightly crush five 36x12-inch sheets of aluminum foil into five 4-inch balls.
- Flatten tops of balls slightly; place flat sides up on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Or, place five 10-ounce custard cups upside down on cookie sheet; spray outsides of cups with cooking spray.
- Spread sesame seed in pie pan.
- Separate dough into 5 biscuits.
- Press or roll each biscuit into 6-inch round.
- Place each round in sesame seed in pan; press firmly to coat one side with seed.
- Place each round, seed on outside, over foil ball on cookie sheet, shaping dough gently to fit around foil and form bowl shape.
- Dough should not touch cookie sheet.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place foil balls with bread bowls on wire rack; cool 5 minutes.
- Remove bread bowls from foil balls; discard foil balls.
- Meanwhile, heat soup in 3- or 4-quart saucepan.
- Place bread bowls in shallow soup bowls or pasta plates.
- Ladle soup into bread bowls.
- If desired, top with shredded Parmesan or Cheddar cheese.