Prep 20 mins
Cook 48 mins
Very yummy and easy to make
- 1 frozen pie crust (9 inches)
- 2 -3 plum tomatoes
- 1⁄2 white onion (small chop)
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon basil (fresh or dried)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper
- Bake the frozen crust for 8 minutes at 400 degrees, I usually take care of the rest of the prep while the crust is baking.
- Cut the tomato into slices, depending on how thick/thin you want to make them, you might need 2 or 3 tomatoes. The thickness of the tomatoes is up to you.
- In a separate pan, melt the butter and brown the onions.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs, flour and cream. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix the basil, fresh or dried into this mix.
- Assembly:This quiche is assembled in layers.The first layer is the cheese. Spread the cheese as evenly as possible on the pie crust.
- The second layer is the onions, also try to spread these as evenly as possible.
- The third layer is the tomatoes: lay the tomato slices down in circles (which get smaller as you get closer to the center of the pie).
- Finally, pour the flour, cream and eggs mix over the tomatoes.
- Bake the assembled quiche for 35-40 minutes in a 375 degree oven, or until you can insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.
- Let the quiche stand for 10 minutes before serving,.