1 hr 8 mins
Chef #907265's Note:
Very yummy and easy to make
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bake the frozen crust for 8 minutes at 400 degrees, I usually take care of the rest of the prep while the crust is baking.
- 2Cut the tomato into slices, depending on how thick/thin you want to make them, you might need 2 or 3 tomatoes. The thickness of the tomatoes is up to you.
- 3In a separate pan, melt the butter and brown the onions.
- 4In a bowl, mix the eggs, flour and cream. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix the basil, fresh or dried into this mix.
- 5Assembly:This quiche is assembled in layers.The first layer is the cheese. Spread the cheese as evenly as possible on the pie crust.
- 6The second layer is the onions, also try to spread these as evenly as possible.
- 7The third layer is the tomatoes: lay the tomato slices down in circles (which get smaller as you get closer to the center of the pie).
- 8Finally, pour the flour, cream and eggs mix over the tomatoes.
- 9Bake the assembled quiche for 35-40 minutes in a 375 degree oven, or until you can insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.
- 10Let the quiche stand for 10 minutes before serving,.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Tomato Basil Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.1
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 126.1 mg
- Sodium 174.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 7.6 g