Recipe by commercesd
This salsa can be used as a dip, sauce or topping for a variety of foods, for chips, eggs, pasta or a spread on grilled crostini or sandwiches.
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 0.5 (6 ounce) canof diced chilies
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup white wine or 1⁄4 cup dry vermouth
- 1⁄2 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain tomatoes and reserve liquid.
- Dice tomatoes into smaller chunks.
- Saute onions over medium heat in white wine or vermouth until translucent. Add tomato liquid to prevent burning if necessary.
- Add tomatoes and chilies to saute pan. Cook until lightly browned. Add tomato liquid as necessary to avoid burning.
- Combine onion, tomato and chili mixture with pesto and red wine vinegar in a medium bowl and stir.
- Add course salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to serve.