This salsa can be used as a dip, sauce or topping for a variety of foods, for chips, eggs, pasta or a spread on grilled crostini or sandwiches.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain tomatoes and reserve liquid.
- 2Dice tomatoes into smaller chunks.
- 3Saute onions over medium heat in white wine or vermouth until translucent. Add tomato liquid to prevent burning if necessary.
- 4Add tomatoes and chilies to saute pan. Cook until lightly browned. Add tomato liquid as necessary to avoid burning.
- 5Combine onion, tomato and chili mixture with pesto and red wine vinegar in a medium bowl and stir.
- 6Add course salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- 7Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Tomato Basil Pesto Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 22.2
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: