Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is modified from the cookbook Vegan Planet. It has been made more picky people friendly (for people like me who dislike most vegetables), and is wonderful for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Be warned though, this is an odd looking recipe.
- 1 (16 ounce) container firm tofu, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped soy sausage
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- Grease a small skillet with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and add to the oil the chopped soy sausage, onion and garlic.
- Cook until browned.
- In a second skillet, add the remainder of the oil and add the crumbled tofu, salt, pepper, and spices.
- Cook for a couple of minutes and then add the contents of the first skillet to the second.
- Cook together for about 5 minutes.
- Note: If it seems too dry, you can add a little bit of soy sauce to moisten.
- Serve hot.
- Note: If you are more vegetable loving then i, you could add other vegetables to the above recipe (mushrooms, broccoli, spinach, etc.).