This is modified from the cookbook Vegan Planet. It has been made more picky people friendly (for people like me who dislike most vegetables), and is wonderful for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Be warned though, this is an odd looking recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) container firm tofu, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped soy sausage
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1Grease a small skillet with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and add to the oil the chopped soy sausage, onion and garlic.
- 2Cook until browned.
- 3In a second skillet, add the remainder of the oil and add the crumbled tofu, salt, pepper, and spices.
- 4Cook for a couple of minutes and then add the contents of the first skillet to the second.
- 5Cook together for about 5 minutes.
- 6Note: If it seems too dry, you can add a little bit of soy sauce to moisten.
- 7Serve hot.
- 8Note: If you are more vegetable loving then i, you could add other vegetables to the above recipe (mushrooms, broccoli, spinach, etc.).
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Tofu Scramble
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.6
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 71.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 13.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: