This recipe came from a desire to use less meat and heathier alternatives in our family's food. My family loves it! We've even served it to others who are dead-set against eating anything with tofu in it and they praised it (before knowing about the tofu) and were pleasantly surprised. I hope this works as well for you as it did for me! Excellent as leftovers (better in my opinion). (P.S. I usually use the Low Fat versions of these foods, but never the fat free - it loses too much taste that way).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl crumble in the drained and rinsed Hard Tofu.
- Add 12 oz of the Shredded Mozzarella, Ricotta Cheese, and spices (also, try portabello mushrooms, cooked diced chicken, spinach, broccoli, etc for added flavor).
- Fold together everything in the bowl with a large spoon- Set aside.
- In a 9" x 13" pan, spoon a layer of spaghetti sauce (using a flavored sauce- like mushroom- would save you from adding mushrooms separately).
- Then add a layer of lasagne noodles (Because the noodles are usually not long enough for this pan, I usually rip one noodle in half to use vertically and then 3 horizontally, like an elongated"E").
- Spoon on a layer of filling, then a layer of sauce, then a layer of noodles (this time a backwards"E").
- Continue layering like this until you run out of ingredients (even throwing some extra filling or sauce on top is fine).
- Top with remaining 4 oz mozzarella and some parsley.
- Cook for 45 min to 1 hr, or until hot and bubbly.
- Cut in squares.