Vegan fish sandwich analogue. I originally saw it published by user submission at vegweb.
Make and share this Easy Tofu Fillet Sandwich With Tartar Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- For best results, press tofu and freeze overnight. Cut into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Mix cornmeal, flour, bread crumbs, and your seasoning thoroughly in a bowl for breading.
- Coat tofu slices in breading, and fry in 1/4 inch of oil in a pan for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove from pan and drain on paper towel.
- Make tartar sauce by mixing mayo, pickle, and onion well in a small bowl. Add lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Serve on a bun.