Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Nice texture, not too sticky and not too hard. Saved this recipe from home ec a long time ago.
Make and share this Easy Toffee Squares (Candy) recipe from Food.com.
- 236.59 ml chopped nuts
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml butter
- 44.37 ml water
- 118.29 ml chocolate chips
- Line an 8x8 inch pan with wax paper. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Chop up nuts and sprikle over bottom of pan.
- Combine brown sugar, butter and water in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on high 5-6 min, stirring after 2 minutes until thick.
- Stirr well and spread quickly over chopped nuts.
- Sprinkle chocolate pieces over toffee. Cover pan with foil and let stand 5 minutes. Spread the chocolate evenly.
- Allow to cool enitrely.
- Turn out of pan and break into pieces to serve.
will not try toffee in microwave again, mine is low watt and I allowed extra time but it turned out too soft. The wax paper was a disaster and stuck to toffee. The whole thing stuck to pan and I had to apply hot paper towel to bottom of pan to remove. Will look for another toffee recipe next time.