Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
These are great chewy toffee brownies made from a cake mix, So simple and a great crowd pleaser!
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box chocolate pudding mix, such as jello brand (use the cook and serve kind, not instant)
- 2 cups 2% low-fat milk (the more milk fat the richer it will be)
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix, such as duncan hines
- 1 (12 ounce) package toffee pieces, with (it won't effect the outcome of the brownies) or 1 (12 ounce) packagewithout chocolate (it won't effect the outcome of the brownies)
- Preheat oven 350.
- In a medium size sauce pan on med/low heat add in your milk, and your pudding mix *IMPORTANT DO NOT FOLLOW PUDDING MIX DIRECTIONS*.
- bring to a boil,as soon as it boils add in your butter,and mix and turn off heat, and set aside. Get a large mixing bowl,empty out your cake mix *IMPORTANT DO NOT FOLLOW CAKE MIX DIRECTIONS* After you empty out the cake mix,stir in your pudding mixture.Once everything in mixed well pour batter into a greased 9x13 glass pan. Sprinkle the whole bag of toffee chips over brownie batter. Bake 350 for 45 minutes.
- For a variation you can change cake mix base,and or add 1 cup chopped nuts.
Will make these again but will add an egg and cut the milk by 1/2 a cup to keep them from being "oh what a mess brownies" They cook up high and cake-like and taste great but totally fall apart- will eat with ice cream though.
These have a lighter texture than traditional brownies; but the flavor is great, and they are super easy to make. Chocoholics will be pleased. The toffee topping is a great change of pace from frosting, or even just powdered sugar. Thanks for a good brownie recipe !