Recipe by DebS #2
A variation of the Pillsbury Bake-Off recipe. These bars are so easy to make and my family calls them "Moms Goofed Up Toffee Bars" because the first time I made them I mistakenly added Toffee bits - turns out that's what makes them so good!
Top Review by Kitchen Chef
These bar cookies are terrific and easy to make. I used a jelly roll pan for the bars. Used dark brown sugar, chopped up 8 Heath bars (1.4 ounces each), and used a combination of butterscotch and semi-sweet chocolate chips (3/4 Cup each). After putting chips on the bars, I returned it to the oven for 2 more minutes to speed up the melting process. They came out great! Highly recommended!
- 1 (8 ounce) canpillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 2⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups toffee pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F Separate dough and press into a 15 x 10 pan making sure that the perferations are gently pressed together.
- In a saucepan combine brown sugar and butter and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Boil one minute. Spread over dough and sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake for 14 - 18 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove pan from oven and immediately sprinkle with chocolate and toffee chips. Swirl chips as they melt.
- Cool and cut into bars.