Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Kids can help assemble these. The string cheese makes the filling deliciously gooey. Very kid-friendly and delicious for adults too. I got this from Quick Cooking magazine.
- 1 (8 ounce) package manicotti
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce (I like Ragu roasted garlic)
- 14 pieces mozzarella string cheese
- 6 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese (1 1/2 cups)
- Cook manicotti according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the spaghetti sauce.
- Spread half the meat sauce into a greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Drain manicotti; stuff each shell with a piece of string cheese.
- Place over meat sauce; top with remaining sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted.
These were good and easy to make. My hubby couldn't believe I stuffed manicotti myself LOL If he only knew. We really enjoyed this but next time I would add some sausage to the sauce too to give it more flavor. We all enjoyed this and it will be made again.
This was easy and quick. Something I am always looking for. I recommend eating the manicotti while hot or the string cheese will turn hard and quick. I will be using this recipe again due to the ease and taste. Thanks!