Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
People make Low Country Boils seem like so much trouble. This is the Low Country Boil we use for parties and just general get togethers. We usually use a 60 quart pot with a strainer to serve about 20 people. More people can be served by the same pot. Just use two strainers to make it easy. We use a "fish fryer" gas burner to heat the water. We haven't had a complaint yet. In the tradition on the South, you should have left overs to send with guests.
- Place your pot and strainer on the burner and fire it off. Add the salt and Old Bay.
- Let the water come to a hard boil.
- Add potatoes and onions. Wait 10 minutes.
- Add sausage. Wait 10 minutes.
- Add corn. Wait 10 minutes.
- Add shrimp. Wait 2 minutes then turn off the heat. Wait 2 more minutes.
- Immediately remove the strainer from the pot! If you don't, the shrimp will be tough. (Not good at all).
- If you need more room in the pot for having more guests cook all everything except the shrimp. Take that strainer out and put your spare strainer in and then cook the shrimp just like the above recipe.