Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A light, easy-to-prepare, delicious dessert! Perfect after a heavy meal. Plus the yellow-and-white combination looks wonderful! (the 3 hours cook time includes the time taken to chill the dessert)
- 3 cups milk (low-fat if you prefer)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sago
- 2 1⁄2 cups honeydews (diced into 1-inch cubes)
- Soak sago in water for 5 minutes.
- Bring milk to a boil- keep stirring or else the milk will stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Add sugar to milk.
- Drain the sago and add sago to milk.
- Cook milk/sago mixture until sago changes colour (it will change from white to translucent after a couple of minutes).
- Add diced honeydew after milk/sago mixture has cooled.
- SERVE CHILLED!
- (P. S: you might want to add more sugar to if you like it sweeter, and you might want to add more milk if you find the mixture too thick).
This is very similar to an authentic Chinese honeydew sago dessert soup, just a little thicker and richer. Fabulous recipe, super easy to make. If you want the dessert to look a little more exotic, puree 1/2 cup of honeydew melon and add to the cooled mixture to make a funky green dessert soup. Thanks for the recipe!
This is BRILLIANT and deserves another 5 stars! Not just is this something very unique, but it also is really presentable(the green and white combo of the honeydew melon and milk is sooo cool), easy to put together(even a 12 yr. old could do it!) and very very tasty! Plus, it's healthy! Honestly, if I could, I would love to have this for breakfast! LOL. Nothing like starting your day off with something you love. My family(especially, my dad, the main sweet tooth man in the house) loved it! Thanks for a real cool recipe!