legend has it that yema balls were first made during the spanish era . they found a way to use up the excess yolk while the egg whites are used for the foundation of churches. (looking at the size and number of churches here, there must be a lot of yema balls made) . *this is usually served wrapped in colored cellophane. this is also very sweet. i really dont know how long it takes to make and how many servings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1combine all the ingredients for the yema and cook until the mixture is thick.
- 2set aside and cool.
- 3roll into balls of about 1 inch in diameter.
- 4Prepare the syrup: blend all the ingredients for the syrup.
- 5Bring to a boil until syrup is caramel-colored.
- 6insert a toothpick into the yema ball and dip into the syrup.
- 7cool on greased baking pan.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy to make Yema
Serving Size: 1 (41 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 111.5
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 54.0 mg
- Sodium 41.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 18.5 g
- Protein 1.9 g