Prep 2 hrs
Cook 1 hr
This is one of the easiest bread recipes I have come across. My mother-in-law gave it to me.
- 4 cups warm water
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons fast rising yeast
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 11 cups flour
- Mix together warm water, honey and yeast. Let sit 10 minutes.
- Beat eggs and add lemon juice, salt and oil.
- Add yeast mixture and stir.
- Mix in 10 to 11 cups of flour, until dough is firm.
- Set dough in large greased bowl and let sit in warm area until double in size ( about an hour). Do not set by open windows or doors as dough will not rise if it gets cold.
- After dough is doubled, punch down once. Take out and knead and shape into loaves.
- Place loaves into grease pans, and let sit until double in size.
- Bake at 350C for 15 minutes. Then turn temperature down to 325C and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour (until bread tops are golden brown).
- Brush tops of loaves with butter imediately after they are done.
- Let cool on racks.
Nice tasting bread, especially when spread with a homemade fruity spread (as in a cranberry one)! I did cut the recipe in half & gifted one loaf to a neighbor couple! Absolutely nothing like homemade bread for combort food! [Tagged, made & reviewed just for the 'HALIBUT!']