Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found the authentic aebleskiver recipe was not sweet enough for me. They are more like a round pancake. I wanted one that was more dessert-like and found this recipe on the internet to satisfy my sweet tooth.
- 1 (19 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 2 cups water
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- butter or margarine
- confectioners' sugar
- Combine cake mix, water, egg and flour. Blend on low speed. Beat two minutes at medium speed.
- Place a small amount of butter or margarine in each cup of Aebleskiver Pan. Heat pan slightly; fill cups 2/3 full with batter.
- Cook until bubbly; turn carefully with fork and finish baking on the other side.
- Remove from pan and place on paper towels.
- Sprinkle confectioners' sugar on top. If desired, serve with a favorite strawberry or blueberry sauce.
Found a detailed description and photos of aebleskivers including the pan they are cooked in at this webpage: http://www.solvangrestaurant.com/aebleskiver.html Neat! Think I will see if I can find one of those pans and give this recipe a try. :)