I found the authentic aebleskiver recipe was not sweet enough for me. They are more like a round pancake. I wanted one that was more dessert-like and found this recipe on the internet to satisfy my sweet tooth.
- Combine cake mix, water, egg and flour. Blend on low speed. Beat two minutes at medium speed.
- Place a small amount of butter or margarine in each cup of Aebleskiver Pan. Heat pan slightly; fill cups 2/3 full with batter.
- Cook until bubbly; turn carefully with fork and finish baking on the other side.
- Remove from pan and place on paper towels.
- Sprinkle confectioners' sugar on top. If desired, serve with a favorite strawberry or blueberry sauce.