Recipe by Chabear01
This is from a Betty Crocker Party Cakes book, and posted for ZWT II 2006 - Italy. I have not made this cake, but sure plan to after my travels with all my Zaar Buddies.
Top Review by Susie D
This tasted great and was easy to assemble. I did reduce the water by 1/4 cup as the cake seemed fine without it when mixing. I will repeat this recipe when I need something easy & fast for a potluck. Thank you for sharing your recipe.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 3 egg whites
- 4 tablespoons instant espresso coffee powder
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottom only of 13"x9" pan with shortening or non-stick spray.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, 1 cup water, the oil, brandy and egg whites with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
- Bake 28 to 33 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes.
- Espresso Syrup:.
- In Small bowl, stir dry espresso and 1/2 cup boiling water until mixed. Stir in corn syrup. Pierce top of cake every 1/2 inch with long-tined fork. Brush top of cake with espresso syrup. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar on low speed until mixed. Beat on high speed until smooth. Gradually beat in whipping cream, beating on high speed about 2 minutes, or until stiff peaks form. Spread cream mixture over top of cake; dust with baking coaoa, store loosely covered in refrigerator.