Prep 25 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Someone posted that they wee looking for this recipe. This one came out of The Taste of Homes Quick Cooking November/December issue. (2002)I never made this so the times are just a quess. If they are wrong please let me know so I can make changes.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) package frozen pound cake, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 2 (1 1/2 ounce) Heath candy bars, crushed
- Cut cake into nine slices.
- Arrange in an ungreased 11*7*2 dish,cutting to fit if needed.
- Drizzle with coffee.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add the chocolate syrup.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread over cak.
- Sprinkle with crushed candy bars.
- Refrigerate until serving.
This is a quick and easy delicious dessert. I served it in a clear glass bowl so it presented like a truffle-type dessert. Everyone loved it.
I love this recipe! It is always a hit when I serve it to others. I use Extra Creamy Cool Whip and reduce the sugar to make it super, super easy. Everyone always wants seconds! YUMMY!
This recipe appealed to me because of the pound cake bottom layer so I just had to give it a try. I've made it twice. The first was pretty much as written except substituted instant coffee and whipped topping. It was a little sweet and the bottom seemed watery. It was good the night I made it but it was better the next day. The next time I made the coffee double strength, cut down the sugar to 3/4c, and made it a day early to give the flavors time to work. It was fantastic. I brought it to a bridal shower and it was a total hit. My family loves this dessert and I'll be making it often. Thanks for sharing the recipe!