Recipe by Cupcake-Princess
Tiraimisu is one of my favorite desserts, but sometimes it's hard to find marscapone cheese. This easy recipe uses cream cheese instead. My mom got this recipe from Martha Stewarts Everyday Food magazine a while ago and we have been making it ever since.
Top Review by Lily & Laura
I Love this recipe. I am able to adapt it to Gluten-Free by substituting gluten free yellow cake. The cheesy mixture also makes a delicious frosting for my red velvet cupcakes.
- 3 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ladyfingers
- unsweetened cocoa powder, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small mixing bowl stir together espresso powder and boiling water until dissolved. Stir in cold water, set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed beat cream cheese, cream, and sugar until fluffy.
- Spread a few tablespoons of cream cheese mixture in the bottom of a 2 quart serving dish. One by one, dip a third of the ladyfingers in espresso, then arrange in bottom of dish. Spread with a third of the cream cheese mixture. Repeat twice with remaining ladyfingers, espresso, and cream cheese mixture. Cover and chill for up to one day.
- Dust tiramisu with cocoa just before serving.