Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 mins
Easy - easy - easy!
- 250 g light cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons liqueur, of choice kahlua, rum are good
- 1 cup whipping cream, chilled
- 12 ladyfingers
- 1⁄4 cup espresso coffee, cold
- 1⁄4 cup liqueur, same flavour as above
- 2 teaspoons cocoa
- Beat cream cheese, vanilla extract and powdered sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Beat in the 2 tablespoons liqueur on low speed. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl whip whipping cream on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold into the cream cheese mixture.
- Mix together the espresso coffee and 1/4 cup of liqueur. Set aside.
- Split ladyfingers horizontally in half. Arrange half of the ladyfingers, cut sides up, on the bottom of a sprayed 8x8x2 inches square pan.
- Drizzle 1/4 cup of the espresso/liqueur mixture over ladyfingers.
- Spread half of the cream cheese/whipped cream mixture over ladyfingers.
- Arrange remaining ladyfingers, cut sides up, on the cream cheese/whipped cream layer. Drizzle with remaining 1/4 cup of the espresso/liqueur mixture.
- Spread with remaining cream cheese/whipped cream mixture.
- Sift cocoa powder over top.
- Cover and refrigerate about 4 hours or until filling is firm. Store covered in refrigerator.