- 6 ounces tilapia fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1 cup asparagus spear, trimmed and cut in half
- 3 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Drizzle fillets with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place fillets in skillet and sprinkle with half of the lemon over. Cook for 3 minutes per side, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Transfer fillets to a plate, and keep warm.
- Add wine, remaining 1/2 lemon, tomatoes, capers, and salt and pepper to the skillet. Increase heat to medium high and boil for 2 minutes to burn off alcohol. Reduce heat to low and return fillets to the pan along with the asparagus. Cover and simmer 2 minutes more, then transfer fish and asparagus to a serving dish and keep warm.
- Again, increase heat to medium high and whisk in butter, and boil to desired consistency. Spoon sauce over fish, and serve.