Recipe by *Parsley*
This is a super easy recipe with all my favorite things: coconut, peanut butter and chocolate. Got this from a friend who lives in Oklahoma. Allow at least 4 hours to cool/set before serving.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Easy, easy, easy, & GREAT TASTING, TOO! I took a hint from a previous review & combined the condensed milk & the coconut (I love coconut, so doubled the amount!)! Also used chunkey peanut butter, & thought these were some of the best bars I've made! Great recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup cooking game]
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 3⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 7 ounces sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (or milk chocolate chips)
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine 1/2 cup melted butter and graham cracker crumbs. Press firmly and evenly into a 13" x 9" glass baking pan.
- Evenly sprinkle the coconut over the graham layer.
- Evenly pour the sweetened condensed milk over the cocnut layer.
- Bake at 325 for 25 minutes or until just lightly browned; remove from oven.
- While base is in oven, in a microwave-safe bowl, or a small saucepan, melt the chocolate chips and peanut butter together, stirring often until smooth. Pour this mixture over baked base. Allow to cool/set for at least 4 hours before cutting.