This is a super easy recipe with all my favorite things: coconut, peanut butter and chocolate. Got this from a friend who lives in Oklahoma. Allow at least 4 hours to cool/set before serving.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine 1/2 cup melted butter and graham cracker crumbs. Press firmly and evenly into a 13" x 9" glass baking pan.
- Evenly sprinkle the coconut over the graham layer.
- Evenly pour the sweetened condensed milk over the cocnut layer.
- Bake at 325 for 25 minutes or until just lightly browned; remove from oven.
- While base is in oven, in a microwave-safe bowl, or a small saucepan, melt the chocolate chips and peanut butter together, stirring often until smooth. Pour this mixture over baked base. Allow to cool/set for at least 4 hours before cutting.
Easy, easy, easy, & GREAT TASTING, TOO! I took a hint from a previous review & combined the condensed milk & the coconut (I love coconut, so doubled the amount!)! Also used chunkey peanut butter, & thought these were some of the best bars I've made! Great recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup cooking game]
I found this recipe browsing around and thought it sounded so yummy. I made this for a bake sale for my work and they sold so fast! these are delicious and SO easy to make. the only slight downside is having to wait for them to cool before you get to eat them! cutting them when they're chilled is easier than when warm.
I made these this morning before work..very easy to put together tho I did mix the sweetened condensed milk with the coconut before spreading on the base. Past experience has taught me that this is far easier then trying to evenly pour the milk over anything. They are excellant. Easy & really cure a sweet tooth.