Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
This would be great in the summer. I have not tried this one yet but I love Pineapple so I'd like to soon. It makes a beautiful presentation.
- 1 (6 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, juice reserved
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, well softened
- 1 (16 ounce) Cool Whip Topping, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 egg yolks, Lightly Beaten
- Dissolve Jello in 3 cups of water and add pineapple.
- Pour into a 13x9 glass dish and chill until almost set, about 45 minutes - 1 hour.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and cool whip until smooth.
- Carefully spread over jello and chill for 30 minutes.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, lemon juice, water, flour, egg yolks and reserved pineapple juice and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Cook about 1 minute or until mixture thickens then allow it to cool.
- Carefully spread above mixture over cream cheese layer and chill for at least an hour before serving.
- Cook time is chill time.