Recipe by Stacey Sweet
This recipe is in response to a request for a different thin crust pizza recipe. I find that soy oil helps crisp the pizza. Another good tip is to put sheet of aluminum foil on top rack to help your pizza to keep ingredients from browning too quickly. Stacey
- 1 teaspoon dried yeast
- 1 tablespoon soy oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup warm water (110°F)
- 1 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon soy flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine yeast, sugar and 1/2 cup very warm water in bowl let sit for five minutes Combine flour and salt in bowl.
- Place dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix yeast mixture into dry ingredients, you may add a little extra flour if dough is sticky.
- Knead pizza dough for about 10 minutes.
- Put into a greased bowl and let rise for 60 minutes or until it doubles in size.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface then knead lightly until smooth.
- Roll out into a 1/4" thick, 12" diameter circle.
- Fit into greased pizza pan.
- Top as desired and place on bottom rack of your oven.
- Bake at 375°F for 30 minutes.