Recipe by CharityAnn
Nice and thick, super easy and doesn't include pineapple. I love teriyaki chicken and I haven't been able to find a recipe that tastes like my favorite Japenese restaraunt's sauce. I'm not a huge fan of vinegar but it seems to be the secret ingredient-if the sauce is too sweet for your taste just add a little more vinegar and tamari. A little grated ginger gives it a really fresh taste if you have it available. You'll probably want to double the recipe if you like lots of sauce=)
- 1⁄2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons tamari (the best kind of soy sauce!)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh grated gingerroot (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan dissolve vinegar and brown sugar and tamari together.
- In a seperate bowl combine cornstarch and water.
- Stirring constantly add in the water mixture.
- Bring to a boil, let boil without stirring for about 2 minutes, or until sauce is as thick as you like.