Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A delicious, simple to make dessert 8) If you like custards and love coconut, this is for you!
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat the eggs together, 1 at a time.
- Gradually add sugar, milk and salt; beat well.
- In double broiler,stirring constantly, cook mixture until soft and texture resembles scrambled eggs.
- Pour mixture in a small casserole dish and bake 1/2 hour.
- When baked, brown custard under broiler.
I made a half portion of this recipe today, but have decided not to give a rating because I don't know how it is supposed to come out. The mixture separated at the double-boiler stage, resulting in a texture quite different from what I would expect from a custard. I really don't know what custard is like in Thailand, however. I have eaten Thai coconut candies that had a similar flavor to this, which makes me feel that perhaps it turned out the way it should. I did think it was very sweet. Thank you for an interesting experience.