Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Makes for a very filling and easy soup with very few calories! If you haven't tried rice noodles before, give this recipe a whirl.
- 1182.95 ml water, divided
- 946.36 ml chicken stock
- 226.79 g package rice noodles, thin
- 170.09-226.79 g chicken, thinly sliced
- 236.59 ml mushroom, sliced
- 473.18 ml spinach
- 29.58 ml fish sauce
- 14.79-29.58 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- In saucepan, bring 4 cups of water to boil, add rice noodles. Remove from heat and let stand 8-10 minutes until tender. Drain and rinse noodles in cool water for 30 seconds. Place noodles in serving bowls.
- Bring 4 cups chicken stock, plus 1 cup water to boil.
- Add mushrooms and chicken, turn heat to medium and cook for 3-4 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from heat, add spinach, fish sauce and cilantro. Spoon over rice noodles.
- Keep leftovers, in the refrigerator .
Made this for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag game 2013 and yummy! I did cut the recipe in half and used all chicken broth, added in some mushrooms, onions, garlic and a little red pepper flakes. Delicious! Thank you for posting and this is a keeper!
Delicious and easy also, I did not have any rice noodles so I used cooked thin spaghetti and also added in 2 teaspoons crushed red chili flakes, thanks for sharing Brooke!
This was excellent. The veggies we added included carrots, celery, garlic and mandoline-sliced red pepper. In addition to the fish sauce, we added hoisin. Topped with lots of cilantro and fresh basil. Going on the regular rotation.