Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was one of my husband's go-to recipies when he was single. It is wonderful from the first serving when it is freshly made to the leftovers the next day. As a leftover suggestion, you can warm it up, put an egg, cheese and salsa over it for breakfast. I am so happy I married a man that can cook. I think I'll keep him because without him I'd probably starve!!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped and diced
- 1 green pepper, chopped and diced
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped and diced
- 1 red pepper, chopped and diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup Uncle Ben's converted brand rice
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onions and peppers in Vegetable oil for 5 minutes.
- Add Ground Beef and brown well.
- Add rice, stewed tomatoes (you may break up any large tomato chunks), chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Stir together.
- Cover tightly.
- Cook over high heat until steaming freely.
- Turn heat down LOW and simmer for 30 minute or until rice is done.
- ***A note: You can save time by buying the veggies (and onions also) precut. I used the frozen pepper mixture from Trader Joes.