Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an easy way to "doctor up" a simple can of condensed tomato soup. It could be garnished with crumbled tortilla chips, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream or all three. I originally made this to serve with my Easy Pepperjack Cheese Quesadillas, but I would also serve it with a simple grilled cheese sandwich or on its own.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies (I use Del Monte brand)
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup tortilla chips, crushed (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream (optional)
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, pour condensed tomato soup and diced tomatoes (with juice).
- Heat for 10-12 minutes or until heated to your preference.
- Serve and garnish if desired.
I'm a bigtime tomato soup lover and this hit the spot!! The flavor was great and I served it with a grilled ham and cheese sandwich. Easy preparation! Prepared as a participant in the Aus/NZ Swap #29 June 2009 Event.