1/4 Photos of Easy Tex Mex Stroganoff
A fun and easy twist on traditional stroganoff.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces extra wide egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon butter, tossed with cooked noodles
- 1 1/2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 (10 ounce) cans rotel, the diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- salt, to taste
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- 1Cook noodles in boiling water according to package; drain. Toss with the butter and keep hot and set aside.
- 2While noodles cook, brown and crumble the beef with the onion until no longer pink; drain if necessary.
- 3Add to skillet, the Rotel (undrained), corn, water, cumin, garlic powder, cayenne, pepper and salt.
- 4Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for about 10 minutes.
- 5Stir in the reduced-fat sour cream and blend well. Heat through, but do NOT allow to boil.
- 6Serve over the hot cooked noodles.
- 7Garnish with chopped cilantro.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Tex Mex Stroganoff
Serving Size: 1 (407 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 499.4
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 138.9 mg
- Sodium 691.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 35.6 g