- 12 ounces extra wide egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon butter, tossed with cooked noodles
- 1 1⁄2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 (10 ounce) cans rotel, the diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- salt, to taste
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles in boiling water according to package; drain. Toss with the butter and keep hot and set aside.
- While noodles cook, brown and crumble the beef with the onion until no longer pink; drain if necessary.
- Add to skillet, the Rotel (undrained), corn, water, cumin, garlic powder, cayenne, pepper and salt.
- Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the reduced-fat sour cream and blend well. Heat through, but do NOT allow to boil.
- Serve over the hot cooked noodles.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro.