Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A fun and easy twist on traditional stroganoff.
- 12 ounces extra wide egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon butter, tossed with cooked noodles
- 1 1⁄2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 (10 ounce) cans rotel, the diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- salt, to taste
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Cook noodles in boiling water according to package; drain. Toss with the butter and keep hot and set aside.
- While noodles cook, brown and crumble the beef with the onion until no longer pink; drain if necessary.
- Add to skillet, the Rotel (undrained), corn, water, cumin, garlic powder, cayenne, pepper and salt.
- Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the reduced-fat sour cream and blend well. Heat through, but do NOT allow to boil.
- Serve over the hot cooked noodles.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro.
Yum. This was totally enjoyed. Simple and tasty. Thanks for sharing. Made for Cookbook Tag.
Very tasty and filling dish!
This tasted wonderful.... My whole family loved including my picky eating husband..... Thanks so much for sharing...