Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
yummy, quick and budget friendly casserole
Make and share this Easy Tex-Mex Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) taco seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) package crescent roll dough or 1 (8 ounce) package flour tortillas
- 1.5 (16 ounce) cans fat-free refried beans
- 1⁄2 cup cheese, grated
- sour cream
- brown ground beef, drain liquids.
- add seasoning mix and 1/4 cup water and stir until all the meat is flavored, adding more liquid if necessary.
- lay crescent roll dough as a bottom layer in a casserole, setting 2 dough triangles aside.
- layer the casserole as follows: 1/2 refried beans, 1/2 cheese, beef, 1/2 beens, thin layer of salsa, 1/2 cheese.
- use set aside dough triangles as finishing layer, not covering the casserole completely.
- bake in oven for 35 min at 400°F.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream.
- You can also use large flour tortillas instead of crescent roll dough.