Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I needed to put dinner in the oven ASAP and had no time to marinate. After looking around on the web, I combined a couple different recipes and came up with this. We really enjoy it...hope you will too!
- Preheat oven to 325*.
- Brown pork on all sides in 2 tbl oil over medium-high heat.
- Place pork in roasting pan.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over roast.
- Roast for about 3 hours (or until instant-read thermometer reads 165*), basting frequently and turning over a couple times.
- Let sit for a few minutes before slicing and serve with juices.
I made this once before, but accidentally added twice the amount of soy, and it was overpowering. This time, I did it just as called for, and it was delicious. I didn't brown the roast, but just put it in casserole dish and place it in a toaster oven (it's 103F here today). It worked just fine. I ended up sampling it a bit, and then making two wraps with this, and some shredded cheddar, onions, radishes, cukes and some garlic parmesan dressing sprinkled on. So very good, either way....
Karen I made this for dinner and it was a huge hit. We all enjoyed this so much. I did the seasoning's 1/1/2x We will definately have this wonderful pork roast again. Thanks Karen for a great recipe. highly recommended.
I would give this more than 5 stars if I could. The roast was so flavorful and moist. I made it exactly as written. I may try reduced sodium soy sauce next time, as it was a little salty for me, but DH and DS thought regular soy sauce was just fine. Thanks for sharing, I will be making this again very soon. Nick's Mom