Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a simple, healthy version of Chicken Teryaki. My kids love it! It has far less sugar than bottled Teryaki sauce and no perservatives/additives. I always have Tamari and honey on hand, making for a quick, last minute super. I cook my chicken in my pressure cooker (which I couldn't live without!) I can throw in frozen solid chicken tenderloins and they cook in 3 minutes and all of the moisture is locked in. The chicken falls apart and is very moist & flavorful. If your not lucky enough to have a pressure cooker, first, put it on your next birthday wish list, and for now bake, boil, poach or grill your chicken, do not fry your chicken! * Tamari, unlike regular soy sauce, does not have any additives/perservatives in it. Use the low sodium Tamari.
- 6 -8 boneless skinless chicken tenderloins
- 2 cups snow peas
- 2 cups chopped bok choy
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium tamari soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice
- Cook chicken: bake at 350 deg. for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet or Wok on medium heat, add oil
- add garlic and ginger, saute for 2 minutes.
- add Bok Choy, saute for about 3 more minutes until cooked down.
- in a small bowl, mix together Tamari & honey.
- pour into the Wok stir until it starts to boil softly. turn down heat a bit, cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add chicken and snow peas.
- Serve over basmatil rice.
This was one of the best Teriyaki Chicken recipes I've ever tasted, and I love Teriyaki chicken.