Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe came from a friend a long time ago when my DS was younger, after he came home and raved about how good it was, I have been making it ever since. It is very easy to make, and very tasty too, you can use any flavor of condensed cream soup for this.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (can use more)
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted (you can use any flavor of cream soup for this!)
- 16 ounces frozen frozen tater tots
- 1 -2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Butter a 12x8 baking dish.
- In a skillet, cook onion, garlic, celery with the ground beef over medium heat, until the meat is no longer pink, and veggies are tender; drain, then stir in grated Parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper and cayenne (if using).
- Spoon mixture into dish.
- Spread soup over meat mixture.
- Top with tater tots.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 40 mins, or until bubbly.
- Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer, or until cheese is melted.
Fantastic! It's all I can do to make it only once a month so we don't get tired of it. Wouldn't change a thing!
We liked it, but hubby said it wasn't something that he would like to eat all the time.
This was so easy and good and fairly inexpensive. Would like to try with other flavor of soups. Thanks Kitten!