1/2 Photos of Easy, Tasty Veal Osso Bucco
1 hr 10 mins
amanda l b's Note:
Everyone has their own variation of this wonderful dish. Mine cuts out some of the effort and ingredients - but none of the flavour! I usually substitute the olive oil for oil spray. Bouquet garni is made by tying the thyme, bay leaf and parsley together (I usually just use an elastic band). I often serve this with gnocchi - but works well with mash, polenta, risotto or even pasta noodles. Enjoy
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the veal and flour into a plastic bag, seal and then shake so that the veal is coated in flour.
- 2Heat the oil in a deep, heavy based pot. Add the veal and cook all sides so that the veal shanks are browned. Remove from the pot.
- 3If necessary, add a bit more oil to the pan. Add the onion and cook about 5 minutes until browned, Add the garlic and cook and extra minute.
- 4Add the stock and wine to the pan. Cook until bubbling.
- 5Return the veal shanks to the pot, and also add the chopped tomatoes and bouquet garni (see description above).
- 6Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Reduce heat and cook for an hour or until meat is falling off the bones.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy, Tasty Veal Osso Bucco
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.7
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.9 mg
- Sodium 54.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: