Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The original recipe was posted in the Seattle Post-Intelligencer. I didn't have salsa with black beans and corn, so I improvised a bit with what I had in the cupboard. I also added 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder "just because." Serve with crisp green salad and/or sliced mango drizzled with fresh lime juice, salt and chili powder.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large non-stick skillet, brown beef over medium-high heat until crumbly. Drain if needed.
- Stir in cumin and garlic powder and cook one minute.
- Stir in salsa, beans and corn and cook until heated.
- In a springform pan sprayed with non-stick cooking oil, place one tortilla. Top with half the meat mixture and 1/2 cup cheese. Repeat with another tortilla, meat and cheese. Top with last tortilla and cover with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until cheese is melted.