1 hr 20 mins
Polar Bear's Note:
A healing, simple, tasty porridge, highly recommended by the doctor for those who cant eat nor swallow well. Original recipe is from China. Yummy !
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons ginger, cut into strips
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 kg chicken, cut into small pieces
- soy sauce or fish sauce
- 1 cup uncooked sticky rice or 1 cup ordinary rice
- 6 cups chicken broth (broth of boiled chicken parts and bones can be used in case of emergency)
- 3 tablespoons chopped green spring onion leaves
- 2 tablespoons fried minced garlic
- 1In a pot, heat oil then saute garlic, ginger and onions.
- 2Add chicken then stir-fry till it changes color.
- 3Season with soy sauce or fish sauce.
- 4Add rice.
- 5Pour in enough broth to cook the rice.
- 6Continue cooking until rice is done and grains are wide-open and chicken is tender.
- 7Serve topped with chopped spring onions and fried garlic.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Tasty Porridge That Heals
Serving Size: 1 (695 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 644.5
- Calories from Fat 290
- Total Fat 32.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 114.0 mg
- Sodium 1257.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 39.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
spring onion leaves