Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A healing, simple, tasty porridge, highly recommended by the doctor for those who cant eat nor swallow well. Original recipe is from China. Yummy !
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons ginger, cut into strips
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 kg chicken, cut into small pieces
- soy sauce or fish sauce
- 1 cup uncooked sticky rice or 1 cup ordinary rice
- 6 cups chicken broth (broth of boiled chicken parts and bones can be used in case of emergency)
- 3 tablespoons chopped green spring onion leaves
- 2 tablespoons fried minced garlic
- In a pot, heat oil then saute garlic, ginger and onions.
- Add chicken then stir-fry till it changes color.
- Season with soy sauce or fish sauce.
- Add rice.
- Pour in enough broth to cook the rice.
- Continue cooking until rice is done and grains are wide-open and chicken is tender.
- Serve topped with chopped spring onions and fried garlic.