1 hr 20 mins
Polar Bear's Note:
A healing, simple, tasty porridge, highly recommended by the doctor for those who cant eat nor swallow well. Original recipe is from China. Yummy !
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons ginger, cut into strips
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 kg chicken, cut into small pieces
- soy sauce or fish sauce
- 1 cup uncooked sticky rice or 1 cup ordinary rice
- 6 cups chicken broth (broth of boiled chicken parts and bones can be used in case of emergency)
- 3 tablespoons chopped green spring onion leaves
- 2 tablespoons fried minced garlic
- 1In a pot, heat oil then saute garlic, ginger and onions.
- 2Add chicken then stir-fry till it changes color.
- 3Season with soy sauce or fish sauce.
- 4Add rice.
- 5Pour in enough broth to cook the rice.
- 6Continue cooking until rice is done and grains are wide-open and chicken is tender.
- 7Serve topped with chopped spring onions and fried garlic.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Tasty Porridge That Heals
Serving Size: 1 (695 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 644.5
- Calories from Fat 290
- Total Fat 32.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 114.0 mg
- Sodium 1257.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 39.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
spring onion leaves