Recipe by KathleenP
Very easy meatloaf that even my 11 year old and fiance' (who both don't NORMALLY like meatloaf) enjoyed.
Top Review by Lavender Lynn
This smells wonderful cooking and it doesn't disappoint when eaten. I left out the light corn syrup but otherwise followed ingredients. I used ritz crackers Made for PAC Fall 2009.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (1 1/8 ounce) packet dry onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce, to mix into meatloaf
- 20 crumbled crackers (I used saltines, but I imagine any kind would work)
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce, to spread over top meatloaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients except 1/4 cup BBQ sauce.
- Shape into "loaf".
- Place in a baking dish.
- Spread remaining BBQ sauce over the top and sides of loaf, like a glaze.
- Bake at 375 degrees approximately 1 hour,until meat thermometer reads as 160 degrees.
- Let cool 10 minutes, then slice and serve.