Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Very easy meatloaf that even my 11 year old and fiance' (who both don't NORMALLY like meatloaf) enjoyed.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (1 1/8 ounce) packet dry onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce, to mix into meatloaf
- 20 crumbled crackers (I used saltines, but I imagine any kind would work)
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce, to spread over top meatloaf
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients except 1/4 cup BBQ sauce.
- Shape into "loaf".
- Place in a baking dish.
- Spread remaining BBQ sauce over the top and sides of loaf, like a glaze.
- Bake at 375 degrees approximately 1 hour,until meat thermometer reads as 160 degrees.
- Let cool 10 minutes, then slice and serve.
This smells wonderful cooking and it doesn't disappoint when eaten. I left out the light corn syrup but otherwise followed ingredients. I used ritz crackers Made for PAC Fall 2009.