These are great and so simple you'll want to make them again and again. Adding the oats will give you a denser texture and make the cookies slightly more filling and you can serve them warm after they have half cooled. I do urge you to try them without the oats, they have an amazing light crumbly texture and a more concentrated flavour. In this case you must wait for the cookies to cool completely before removing them from the tray.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350F.
- Mix everything together adding the egg last.
- Roll into balls and flatten with a fork on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper leaving enough room for cookies to expand, you may have to do this in 2 batches.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes checking after 5 to make sure cookies do not burn.
- Allow to cool on the tray, then serve.
This is the simplest recipe ever! I made them right away and added walnuts to some, chocolate morsels, to others and they all are fantastic. Bravo to the Cookie Maker!
These are super tasty and super easy (made them with my two year old!) Just realize you need to bake them at 350F! (And it's a must to check to make sure they're not burning. One batch of mine did!)